dr ali binazir odds of being born

By that definition, I've just proven that you are a miracle. For the sake of completeness: (102,640,000)(1045,000)(2000)(20,000) = 4x 102,685,007 102,685,000, Probability of your existing at all: 1 in 102,685,000. Just starting from your parents, the chance of them meeting and creating you is astronomically slim. So I got curious: Are either of these estimates correct? To that, we could add the probability that the one sperm and the one egg met one another because she wasnt in the mood, but lets not split hairs here. A fertile woman has 100,000 viable eggs on average. And the chances of that turning into another meeting is about one in 10 also. First, let us figure out the probability of one turtle sticking its head out of the one life preserver we toss out somewhere in the ocean. Marcus Aurelius offers wisdom on how to use this fact. Now things start getting interesting. The learned professor was actually pulling everyones legs, but Littlewoods Law has been conscripted as proof of a number of strange theories. "That's a pretty big number," I thought to myself. The odds of you existing have been calculated by Dr. Ali Binazir. The chances of that turning into another meeting is about 1 in 10. Or could they be underestimates of the true number? You may quibble with some of the Binazirs assumptions above. Or is it much too early in the week, this being only Monday, for thinking about stuff like this? Pretty darn close, for such an unusual calculation. Probability of same boy knocking up same girl: 1 in 2000. This is also true of your grandparents parents, and their parents, and so on back to the beginning of human time. So now we must account for that for 150,000 generations by raising 400 quadrillion to the 150,000th power: Thats a ten followed by 2,640,000 zeroes, which would fill 11 volumes of a book the size of mine with zeroes. That's 150,000 generations. So the combined probability is already around one in 40 million -- long but not insurmountable odds. Dr. Binazir calculated that the odds against each of us being born produced a number that makes the brain hurt. So, thats 28,800 events a day, adding up to a million in 35 days. Regardless of your skin color, country of origin, body size, religion, gender, or view point, WE ALREADY MADE IT HERE. But its not even remotely comparable with 10^2,685,000. This is also true of your grandparents parents, and their grandparents, and so on till the beginning of time. One in 2,000. We're about to deal with eggs and sperm, which come in large numbers. Osterholm is one of the world's foremost public health professionals, having served for 40 years on the frontlines of such diseases as Ebola, SARS, MERS, Zika and everything else. I was toying with this other idea, about an owl who falls in love with a cat and brings it mice every day. To be more specific, its probably 1 in 102,640,000. But even if you dont believe in that, the science is enough. Heres Dr. Ali Binazir on the probability of a human being born: Its the probability of 2.5 million people getting together about the population of San Diego each to play a game of dice with trillion-sided dice. What Does Jesus Mean When He Says We Must Be Salted with Fire. The scientists and Buddhists seem to agree. It is like finding out how many angels can stand on a pin-head! By that definition, Ive just shown that you are a miracle, he wrote. Namely, that every one of your ancestors lived to reproductive age -- going all the way back not just to the first Homo sapiens, first Homo erectus and Homo habilis, but all the way back to the first single-celled organism. If they met one new person of the opposite sex every day from age 15 to 40, that would be about 10,000 people. Now lets say the chances of them actually talking to one another is one in 10. A donut with no hole, is a Danish. Lets say a third of those (4 trillion or 4 x 10, So, the chance of your particular chain of ancestors having remained unbroken for all that time would be 1 in 2, To account for all 150,000 generations, we raise 400 quadrillion to the 150,000, Thus, the probability of your existing at all is about 1 in 10, This video makes a moving point, but it attributes our existence to luck. You exist, that is the only probable outcome, so the probability of you being you is 1. Multply the volume of New Jerusalem by 77. To get the final answer, technically we need to multiply that by the 1045,000 , 2000 and 20,000 up there, but those numbers are so shrimpy in comparison that it almost doesnt matter. mitchell henry obituary; housing authority rome, ga; tom brady personality traits; can you drive from glacier national park to banff; why did they replace bertha in fred Its almost too big to process, just know that the odds that you exist at all are basically zero. They each roll the dice and they all come up the exact same number say, 550,343,279,001. In 1943, the distinguished French mathematician mile Borel developed a law about probabilities that stated events with a sufficiently small probability never occur (Institute of Mathematical Statistics). Its like winning a free ticket to the the best party in the world. There is no reason not to be bold, to throw yourself at life with vigor every single day. So the probability of your parents' chance meeting resulting in kids is about one in 2000. The probability that you came about and exist today is the same as that turtle sticking its head out of the water into the middle of that life preserver. Having said that, Monsignor Popes reflection should spur us to consider that while the Mind of God could think of a nearly infinite number of souls to create, he chose to create you and I. The chances that they would then get knocked up? But let's think about this some more. That is the reason the majority dislike games, lotto, and sports beting. You are not here by luck; you are here by the grace and will of God. dr ali binazir odds of being born. Probability of right sperm meeting right egg: one in 400 quadrillion. decision by design review farnam street; dr ali binazir odds of being born; post mortem fingerprint equipment. Or is it possible that they are underestimates of the true number? Harvard alumnus and creativity consultant Dr. Ali Binazir tried to calculate the mind-boggling odds of one being born into existence on earth, and came up with interesting results. But lets think about this some more. We might not all like the cards we were dealt in life, but it is our choice to play what weve been given or to go on blaming our lot which is wanting more power, but giving up any power we already have. In it, she mentioned that scientists calculate the probability of your existing as you, today, at about one in 400 trillion (41014). Probability of every one of your ancestors reproducing successfully: one in 10. You are also agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Dr. Ali Binazir, who describes himself as a happiness engineer, thinks its way off the mark. So what's the probability of your being born? I was alerted to a fascinating article by Ali Binazir, who sets forth mathematically the probably that each of us exists. No one else has had a soul like mine, no one will have a soul like it. On my birthday, I had a strangely pertinent thought: what's the probability of being born? To further awaken to the miracle that is you, get The Tao of Dating: The Smart Woman's Guide to Being Absolutely Irresistible, now available in book, ebook, Kindle, audiobook, and Sinai indestructible stone tablet. Let's confine the pool of possible people they could meet to 1/10th of the world's population 20 years go (1/10th of 4 billion = 400 million) so it considers not just the population of the US but that of the places they could have visited. So the combined probability is already around one in 40 million -- long but not insurmountable odds. However, your existence presupposes another supremely unlikely chain of events. Then the probability of Mr. A fertile woman has 100,000 viable eggs on average. The probability that you came about and exist today is the same as that turtle sticking its head out of the waterin the middle of that life preserver. The even better news is that the first one on Tue June 16, which is the Special Session on Joy, is free Continue reading "Brain Yoga: New Sessions" According to author Mel Robbins, scientists have estimated that our odds of being born are about 1 in 400 trillion. And the chances of that turning into a long-term relationship is also one in 10. If Borels Law is the immutable truth and the creationists are wrong, you cant exist. The odds of being murdered are relatively low when compared to other possible causes of death. He looked at the odds of your parents meeting, given how many men and women there are on Earth and how many people of the opposite sex your mother and father would have met in their first 25 years of life. They each roll the dice and they all come up with the exact same number for example, 550,343,279,001. Dr. Ali Binazir. It makes me want to practice love, forgiveness, gratitude, acceptance, service/charity, kindness, being humble while inherently owning my miraculous self. They each roll the dice and they all come up the exact same number say, 550,343,279,001.. Id gladly take those odds over trying to become a millionaire in any other country. Then what would be the chance of your particular lineage to have remained unbroken for 150,000 generations? Part of HuffPost Wellness. So, round-trip time works out to be about 14 yearsfor the fly to go to the moon and back. I gotta say, the two numbers are pretty darn close, for such a far-fetched notion from two completely different sources: old-time Buddhist scholars and present-day scientists., *Illustration of human profile and numbers via Shutterstock, You're one in 400 trillion, or pretty much a miracle. Probability of every one of your ancestors reproducing successfully: one in 10. dr ali binazir odds of being born 2022-06-25T04:47:45+00:00 And the chances of that lasting long enough to result in offspring is one in 2. Step 4. They each roll the dice and they all come up the exact same number say, 550,343,279,001. Learn more here: Dr. Ali Binazirs Article on Probability of Being Born. This book will rapidly bring you up to speed on epidemiology and pandemic management. They agree to within a factor of two! Remember the sperm-meeting-egg argument for the creation of you, since each gamete is unique? Not only are you and I contingent, we are highly improbable! It makes me want to love better, to hug my baby more, to appreciate the miracles in my life, my family, my friends, my teachers, The animals, plants, precious food, the bugs and butterflies. What would we come up with ourselves starting with first principles, making some reasonable assumptions and putting them all together? Lets say its a fly that moves at about 4 mph. Xahej (ZAH-edge) "Xi" Bajipura she/her/Ms. 2023 BuzzFeed, Inc. All rights reserved. Otherwise theyd be different people, and so would their children, who would then have had children who were similar to you but not quite you. He used a thought experiment to illustrate this that became known popularly as the infinite monkey theorem; this states that if an infinite number of monkeys pound the keys of an infinite number of typewriters they will eventually write the complete works of Shakespeare.

Bellevue College Covid Testing, Articles D

dr ali binazir odds of being born

Because you are using an outdated version of MS Internet Explorer. For a better experience using websites, please upgrade to a modern web browser.

Mozilla Firefox Microsoft Internet Explorer Apple Safari Google Chrome